Last Updated: 14th August, 2018
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
Information You or Others Provide On Your Behalf
We collect any information that you provide us or that others provide on your behalf.
- Registration and Profile Information. If you register for an account we ask you for your email address and request that you designate a password. We also request that you fill out a profile to collect additional information to better assist your recovery. This information includes your name, gender, height, weight, date of birth, profile picture, surgeon, and surgery date.
- Recovery Process. In connecting your Muvr sensors to our application, you allow us to receive the information collected by these sensors to track your progress. In addition, you may elect to upload information regarding your recovery such as exercises completed as well as pain scores to indicate the level of discomfort you may be experiencing. To the extent you experience any symptoms that require the immediate attention of a medical professional, you should contact those professionals directly and not rely on our Service to relay this information.
- Health Care Provider Submitted Information. Health care professionals involved in your care may directly provide us information. For example, a health care professional may provide us your name, address, date of surgery, and additional health information to facilitate the enrollment process and the services we offer you. In addition, health care professionals may upload updates regarding your recovery to our Service.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you email our Customer Support Team or sign up to receive updates regarding new products and/or services, we will receive your email address, the contents of your message, and any attachments that you elect send us.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Service
We may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you use our Service.
- Device and Usage Information. We receive information from your device, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version (to the extent applicable), and unique device identifiers. We may also collect and store your browser settings and preferences. To help us understand how you use our Service and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Service, like the pages or other content you view, content and responses you upload, and the dates and times of your interactions.
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We and our service providers may collect information using cookies or similar technologies. Cookies are pieces of information that are stored by your browser on the hard drive or memory of your computer or other Internet access device. Cookies enable us to personalize your experience on our Service, maintain a persistent session, passively collect demographic information about your computer, and monitor other activities. Our Service may use different kinds of cookies and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information for a number of purposes, including: providing and improving our Service, analyzing how you use our Service, and managing our network. These uses are critical in allowing us to track and improve your recovery process.
We use your information to communicate with you. For example, we may send email to the email address you provide for informational and operational purposes.
We may use information we collect for marketing purposes, such as providing you with promotional materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. Where required under applicable law, we will obtain your prior opt-in consent to send you electronic marketing communications.
Push Notifications: If you are a registered user of our app(s), with your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can turn off these notifications through the notification settings in the mobile app or in the device settings of your mobile device.
Compliance with Applicable Law and Our Own Obligations
We may also process the information we collect about you or from you for the following purposes: (i) to enforce our Terms of Service or other legal rights, including intellectual property infringement; (ii) as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and (iii) to comply with industry standards or our policies.
We may de-identify your information and process it in an anonymous and/or aggregated form for other purposes than described above.
HOW WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
Health Care Professionals
We may share your information with health care professionals involved in your care. These professionals use this information to track your progress and assist in your recovery.
We may share your information among our vendors, service providers, and other third parties that perform services on our behalf.
Aggregate Reports. We may use your information to create de-identified, aggregated reports and share those reports with third parties.
As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures
We may disclose information about you: (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect against or respond to physical, financial or other harm, injury, or loss to property; or (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
We reserve the right to transfer your information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our assets.
Consent. We may also disclose your information with your permission.
We use third party analytic vendors, including Google Analytics, to help analyze how you use our Service. We do not share your information with these third parties, but theses analytics service providers may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies on our Service and they may otherwise collect or have access to information about you which they may collect over time and across different websites. The information collected may include things like how often you visit our Service or what pages they view, and what other websites you visited. We use the information from Google Analytics to improve our Service. Google provides some additional privacy options described at www.google.com/policies /privacy/partners.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security and integrate of the information we maintain. However, as our Service is hosted electronically, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
Our Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use our Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the U.S. for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating our Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to our Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Muvr Labs, Inc.
724 Brannan Street
San Francisco, CA 94103